SunTrust Center, Suite 1000
Orlando, FL 32801
Eric’s practice is focused in the areas of creditors' rights, commercial real estate lending, and commercial bankruptcy. Eric has broad experience representing lenders through all stages of commercial lending, including originating commercial loans, restructuring loans before and after default, working out distressed loans, enforcing defaulted loans through litigation and arbitration, and obtaining and collecting judgments. He represents creditors, including local and national lending institutions, landlords and trade creditors in various proceedings, such as commercial foreclosures, actions to enforce guaranties in state and federal courts, general commercial litigation, arbitrations, and bankruptcy. Eric has also represented numerous commercial lenders in negotiating, drafting and closing complex transactions, including sales and assignments of commercial loans, loan renewals, loan modifications, loan extensions, loan forbearances, and settlements.
Eric enjoys traveling, SCUBA diving, and his 120 gallon saltwater reef aquarium.
- Represented lender in contested arbitration action regarding enforcement of guaranties securing low income housing tax credit financing and successfully obtained $4,500,000.00 arbitration award.
- Represented lenders enforcing and collecting multiple federal and state court judgments totaling in excess of $10,000,000.00.
- Represented lender in foreclosure of low income housing tax credit property and resulting deficiency action.
- Represented lender in complex loan restructuring and subsequent foreclosure action and settlement of seven related commercial loans totaling in excess of $33,000,000.00.
- Represented lender in loan forbearance and subsequent workout of two related commercial loans totaling over $20,000,000.00.
- Represented lender on a syndicated loan facility involving in complex restructuring of renewing and cross-collateralizing nine related commercial loans totaling in excess of $60,000,000.00.
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law
- cum laude
- B.A., Wake Forest University