E. Mark Young
One Cleveland Center, 10th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44114
E. Mark YoungShareholder
Mr. Young focuses his practice on complex civil litigation matters in federal and state courts. He represents companies ranging from small, local businesses to international companies and financial institutions, serving as "first chair" in multiple matters before the courts. He has also represented clients in bankruptcy cases and in administrative proceedings before a number of government agencies.
As a litigator, Mr. Young is intimately familiar with the companies he represents, a familiarity that has enabled him to provide additional counsel regarding business operations. Mr. Young assists clients by minimizing legal exposures and providing practical solutions to identify and resolve challenges before they become legal issues that impact operations.
Mr. Young served in an outside general counsel role to a number of companies in multiple industries, including mobile technology, construction supply manufacturing, residential developers of low and moderate-income housing, manufacturers and distributors of alcohol, medical billing and home health care companies, religious institutions, and a number of minority and female-owned businesses.
- Selected as an "Ohio Super Lawyer" by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine (2017 - 2018)
- Selected as an "Ohio Super Lawyers - Rising Star" by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine (2013)
- J.D., The University of Toledo College of Law
- B.A., Wake Forest University, Economics
- M.A., Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, Cleveland State University, Urban Planning, Design and Development
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law, Mediation Professor
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation, Former Trustee
- The Consortium of African American Organizations, Board Member
- Gilmour Academy High School, Executive Committee and Board Member
- Gilmour Academy Alumni Association, Former President
- Cleveland Academy of Scholarship Technology and Leadership Enterprise
- (CASTLE High School), Former Trustee
- Wake Forest University Alumni Association and Local Alumni Chapter