Galen L. Schuerlein
One Cleveland Center, 10th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44114
Galen L. SchuerleinDirector, Roetzel Consulting Solutions
As Director of Roetzel Consulting Solutions, Ms. Schuerlein focuses on providing comprehensive strategic solutions for public, private, and nonprofit clients at the state and local level. Her prior experience includes providing strategic counsel to assist public entities, local school districts, libraries, private corporations and trade associations reach their specific goals. Additionally, she has extensive experience in traditional governmental relations, including procurement. Ms. Schuerlein has been involved in the political process and has campaign experience with public libraries, county reform, community colleges, park systems, local schools, and human services. She has also provided strategic counsel to local and state candidates.
Ms. Schuerlein’s professional experience provides a unique perspective on the interactions between private sector and government. Prior to her consulting career, she was the Chief Counsel for the City of Cleveland, managing all collective bargaining, labor and employment, real estate development, and public records law sections. She also served as an Executive Assistant to the Mayor of Cleveland focusing on communications and labor relations. Ms. Schuerlein began her legal career as a guardian ad litem, later moving to the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office where she served as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney representing children and family services. In that role she prosecuted neglect, abuse, and dependency complaints.
While she is a licensed attorney and admitted to the Bar in Ohio, Ms. Schuerlein is not providing legal advice in her role as Director of Roetzel Consulting Services.
- Selected as a "Crain's Cleveland Forty Under 40" (2010)
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- B.A., Seattle University, Political Science
- magna cum laude
- Cuyahoga County Democratic Party Chair Transition Team (2017 - present)
- Menlo Park Academy Development Committee
- Cleveland Landmarks Commission, past board member
- “Preparing for and Managing through a Crisis in Today's Media Environment" - Roetzel's Executive & Corporate Counsel Forum (2017)
- “How to Pass a Bond Issue” (2013-2017)
- "Survey Says: Getting the Most ROI from Customer Surveys” - Public Library Association National Conference
- Schuerlein Appears in Crain's Cleveland Business "Source Lunch"
- Roetzel & Andress Expands Roetzel Consulting Solutions
- State Budget Schedule, Tax Changes Expected
- Upcoming State Budget Expected to See Major Tax Changes - "This is a significant budget issue for the state, counties, and transit authorities," says State Budget Director
- Schuerlein Earns Mention in Crain's Cleveland Business
- Schuerlein Joins Roetzel's Public Law Team