Laura (Megan) Faust
One Cleveland Center, 10th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44114
Laura (Megan) FaustShareholder
Phone: (330) 849-6617
Fax: (330) 376-4577
Ms. Faust has represented domestic and overseas insurers for over two decades with a focus on complex coverage counseling and litigation, as well as bad faith litigation, including first party and third party matters, involving employment liability, environmental, asbestos, toxic torts, construction, homeowner’s, automobile liability, life and disability as well as professional liability issues. She handles cases throughout Ohio and nationwide. Ms. Faust also has extensive experience handling appellate cases from advising trial counsel to briefing and arguing before the Ohio Supreme Court and Federal Courts of Appeal. Ms. Faust believes that a well-informed client is the best partner and therefore spends considerable time presenting workshops to client organizations and conferring with individual client management.
- Nationwide representation of major corporate clients and insurance company clients on various coverage issues, litigation, and bad faith, including:
- Resolution and management of environmental insurance recovery litigation involving multiple historical primary, umbrella and excess liability insurers;
- Successful Federal Court litigation and Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals representation of commercial insurance carrier in coverage dispute arising from sexual harassment lawsuit;
- Successful representation of professional liability insurance carrier in coverage litigation and appeal arising from alleged malpractice claims;
- Negotiation of favorable settlement in connection with environmental insurance policies;
- Litigation and resolution of multiple insurance coverage claims involving allegations of defective construction and issues relating to indemnities and additional insureds;
- Nationwide representation of insurance company clients on coverage matters, extra-contractual, bad faith and litigation, across all lines of coverages
- Extensive trial work and appellate practice throughout Ohio, as well as the Sixth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America© for Insurance Law (2007-2019) and Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants (2007-2017)
- Selected as an "Ohio Super Lawyer" by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine (2009-2019)
- Selected as one of "Top 50 Female Lawyers in Ohio" by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine (2010 & 2011)
- Selected as one of "Top 25 Female Lawyers in Cleveland" by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine (2009)
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- B.A., The College of Wooster
- Akron Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- The Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
- Co-Chair, Ladder Down 2019 Program Northeast Ohio – program focusing on empowering women lawyers in leadership, business development and mentoring
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA)
- Co-Chair, Insurance Committee (2013 - present)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
- Order of the Barristers
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- USLAW Network
- Chair, USLAW Network Insurance and Risk Management Practice Group
- The Arthritis Foundation, Northeast Ohio Board of Directors
- The Arthritis Foundation – Platinum Ambassador Advocate
- The College of Wooster, W Association, Board Member
- "Defense and Coverage - Can They Co-Exist?" - USLAW Spring/Summer Newsletter (2012)
- "Handling Liability and Coverage Claims: Splitting Files, the Duty to Defend, and Ethical Considerations for Lawyers" - FDCC Quarterly, Volume 62, Number 1 (Spring 2012)
- "When Claims and Coverage Collide" - Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC) Quarterly Newsletter (Fall 2011)
- "Tender of Indemnity and Insurance Issues - Additional Insured and Supplemental Payment Coverages" - Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA) Quarterly Review (Fall 2009)
- “Excess Coverage – Maximizing Your Protection” – Lockton Companies Complex Risk Symposium (2018)
- “Defense Counsel – Insurer Communications” – USLAW Network Spring Conference (2018)
- “Today’s Reality – Cyber Insurance” – Akron bar Associations, Advanced Issues in Insurance Coverage Law (2017)
- “Risk Transfer and the Avoidance of Liability Before You are Sued" - Roetzel's Executive & Corporate Counsel Forum (2017)
- "Professional Liability Insurance Update” - Akron Bar Association, Advanced Issues in Insurance Coverage Law (2016)
- "Trying the Mixed Damages Case" - Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA) (2014)
- "Protecting the Construction Project"
- "Indemnity, Subrogation and Additional Insured Issues Update"
- "Splitting the Insurance File" - The Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
- "Chinese Drywall: Insurance Coverage Considerations"- American Modern
- "Indemnity, Subrogation and Additional Insured Issues"
- "Impact of Medicare Changes on Settlements: The New Medicare Quagmire"- Roetzel Corporate Counsel Forum
- "Update in Ohio Insurance Law and Medicare Legislation" - Akron Subcontractors Association
- "Protecting the Insurance Project" - Subcontractors Association of Northeast Ohio (SANEO) Classroom Series
- "How to Protect the Construction Project - Construction Coverages" - Lorman Education Services
- "Construction Defects-Insurance Quandaries"
- "Ohio's Intentional Tort Law-Update"- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA)
- "Additional Insured and Indemnification Issues"
- "How to Protect a Construction Project"
- "Ohio Insurance Bad Faith Litigation"
- "The Fundamentals of Construction Contracts in Ohio: Understanding the Issues" - Lorman Education Services
- "Trucking Litigation and D.O.T. Regulations in Ohio" - Lorman Education Services
- Presenter on all topics of insurance coverage matters including bad faith litigation, uninsured/underinsured motorist law, and agency issues
- Roetzel Represents C.S.I. Enterprises, Inc. in $600 Million Acquisition by Edenred
- Over 50 Roetzel & Andress LPA Attorneys Named to 2019 The Best Lawyers in America© List
- Ohio Supreme Court Rules on BWC Subrogation Interest in Tort Claim Insurance Settlements
- Before You Write That Check!
- Thirty Eight Roetzel Attorneys Honored as 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 41 Roetzel Attorneys Honored as 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Over 50 Roetzel & Andress LPA Attorneys Named to 2017 The Best Lawyers in America© List
- Insurer Not Engaging in a "Consumer Transaction"
- Roetzel Announces 37 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Ohio Governor Signs Captive Insurance Bill
- Fluent in French