Robert J. Taylor
Chicago, IL 60602
Robert J. TaylorShareholder
Mr. Taylor has a diverse real estate, finance and corporate practice representing both institutional and entrepreneurial clients in a wide range of matters. He has extensive commercial real estate experience managing transactions for owners, investors, lenders and developers involved in real estate finance, property acquisitions and dispositions, equity investment, leasing and development. His work includes the representation of clients in structuring, negotiating and documenting commercial real estate and asset-based credit facilities. Mr. Taylor advises clients on lending issues such as mezzanine credit facilities, subordinated credit facilities, inter-creditor issues associated with multi-lender transactions, loan syndications, participations and workouts.
He serves as outside counsel to entrepreneurs, fast-growing companies and mature companies in the middle market across a variety of industries. Mr. Taylor has considerable experience in general corporate, employment and corporate transactional matters, acquisitions, mergers and equity investments.
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Certificate in Environmental Law
- B.S., University of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- "Commercial Real Estate Transactions - The Mortgage Lender's Perspective," - Co-Author, Commercial Real Estate: Financing and Transactional Issues - Chapter 4, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (2017)
- "The Condominium Construction Finance," - Co-Author, Condominium Law (Illinois) - Chapter 4, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (2016)
- “Managing Commercial Real Estate Leases" - Practical Law Company (May 2013)
- “Expanded Due Diligence in Commercial Real Estate” – Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education 12th annual Real Estate Short Course (2016)
- “Documenting Commercial Real Estate Transactions” - Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education 7th Annual Short Course (2011)