Terrence H. Link II
One Cleveland Center, 10th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44114
Terrence H. Link IIShareholder
Phone: (330) 849-6755
Fax: (330) 376-4577
Mr. Link regularly serves as outside corporate and trademark counsel to clients ranging from owners of closely-held businesses to large, publicly traded corporations. He advises business owners, corporate executives, boards of directors, and in-house attorneys with respect to a variety of corporate, M&A, intellectual property, trademark, technology, licensing, internet, and domain name matters.
His corporate and M&A practice includes negotiating and drafting domestic and cross-border merger, acquisition, and divestiture agreements; joint venture agreements; distribution and supply agreements; equipment purchase agreements; equipment lease agreements; purchase order terms and conditions; terms and conditions of sale; buy-sell agreements; shareholder agreements; and asset-based loan documentation.
Mr. Link’s intellectual property and trademark practice includes negotiating and drafting software, trademark, and technology license agreements; technology development agreements; SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) and other cloud services agreements; IT services agreements; and trademark coexistence agreements. His work also extends to securing, enforcing and expanding clients’ domestic and international trademark rights by managing global trademark portfolios for clients. These portfolio management activities include clearing new trademarks; developing global trademark filing and enforcement strategies; managing trademark and domain name watch service programs; and conducting trademark audits. He regularly advises clients on trade dress protection issues and internet-related trademark issues, including online-infringement and domain name disputes. He also counsels clients with respect to open-source software (OSS) risk and issues.
Mr. Link represents the firm as a delegate to Mackrell International, an international network of independent law firms with members in 60 countries. He also serves as the Firm’s representative member of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Selected as an "Ohio Super Lawyers - Rising Star" by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine (2009-2013)
- Greater Akron Chamber "30 for the Future" award recipient
- Crain's Cleveland Business "Forty Under 40" class member
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- cum laude
- B.S., Miami University, Business
- Akron Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Growth (ACG) - Cleveland Chapter
- Ohio Venture Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Akron Canton Regional Foodbank, Board Member
- Copley-Fairlawn Athletic Association, Volunteer Coach
- Leadership Akron Alumni Association
- The First Tee of Akron, Past Director
- East Akron Neighborhood Development Corporation, Past Director
- Torchbearers Young Professionals Association, Past President and Director
- Athena PowerLink Program, Past Advisory Panel Member
- PGA World Golf Championships - Bridgestone Invitational, Past Volunteer
- Young Professionals Council of Akron, Past Director
- Roetzel Represents C.S.I. Enterprises, Inc. in $600 Million Acquisition by Edenred
- Evaluating Privacy and Data Security Needs to be Part of Your Due Diligence Process
- Delaware Court of Chancery Focuses on Fiduciary Duty of Directors Appointed by Preferred Stockholders
- UPDATE: US Patent & Trademark Office Issues New Trademark Use Rule (Delayed until March 21, 2017)
- US Patent & Trademark Office Issues New Trademark Use Rule
- What Does "Brexit" Mean For Your Valuable Trademarks and Brands?
- Investor Advisory Committee Advises SEC to Revisit Definition of "Accredited Investor" and Provide Enhanced Protections