We base our Copyright Practice on the same principles as our Trademark Practice. By working with our clients to understand their goals, we offer strategic advice on the acquisition, protection, and enforcement of their original works and materials, in all media, under the Copyright Laws of the U.S.
In addition, we assist our clients in a full range of copyright services, including the provision of advice with respect to the use and exploitation of copyrighted materials, obtaining registrations, licensing content, and managing our clients' portfolios.
We counsel our clients on a wide range of issues, including infringement of copyrighted subject matter, fair use of copyrighted works, ownership of employee-created works, and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) "takedown" notices, to name a few.
When necessary, our seasoned litigators vigorously protect our clients' copyrights in litigation.
Our clients include many of our trademark clients, as well as authors, songwriters, computer-game manufacturers, media companies, web developers, sports companies, and trade associations.
- Copyright or Wrong?
- The Evolution of Counterfeiting and 5 Essential Steps for Fighting Back
- UPDATE: US Patent & Trademark Office Issues New Trademark Use Rule (Delayed until March 21, 2017)
- US Patent & Trademark Office Issues New Trademark Use Rule
- Buyers should be wary of "copyleft" software
- Do You Need Copyright Protection for Your Website?
- What Does it Mean When I See a Copyright on an Architect's Drawings?
- What Does "Brexit" Mean For Your Valuable Trademarks and Brands?