In addition to assisting its clients with a wide variety of legal issues and matters, Roetzel is also poised to address emerging areas of law as it pertains to new technologies and other developments. For instance, since companies are increasingly using information technology to drive innovation in their businesses, our Information Technology (IT) attorneys work closely with our clients to understand their goals and offer strategic advice on their information technology transactions. These transactions include agreements relating to IT managed services, software implementations, software licenses, software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscriptions, IT support services, and other similar services. Our IT practice is based on the same principles as our other Intellectual Property (IP) practice areas. We counsel our clients on a wide range of IT issues, including issues relating to data protection and information security, service level agreements, and intellectual property ownership.
Also, our Commercial Drone Law Group has been helping companies navigate the emerging and rapidly evolving commercial drone industry. The group has been advising companies on the federal, state and local laws that have developed the past several years that directly govern, and in some cases indirectly affect, the use of drones (a.k.a. Unmanned Aircraft Systems or “UAS”).
As part of a full-service law firm, Roetzel’s Commercial Drone Law Group is composed of a multi-disciplinary team that leverages the firm’s talents to provide a wide range of services, including registrations and exemptions, tax advice, defense of FAA enforcement actions, insurance coverage consultation, privacy protection, product liability, venture capital, and compliance auditing, among many other services.
In an area in which both the technology and the law are constantly changing, Roetzel is up-to-date and ready to provide consultation and representation.
- Represented publicly held Fortune 500 entity in negotiating a complex IT managed services agreement with several related exhibits and schedules
- Represented numerous private-held manufacturing companies in negotiating Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software implementation agreements
- Represented numerous privately and publicly held clients in negotiating SaaS agreements and other similar cloud services agreements
- Represented numerous clients in negotiating master services agreements and other similar IT services agreements
- Registration of commercial drone for landscaping business
- Consult clients on the federal, state and local laws that directly govern, and in some cases indirectly affect, the use of commercial drones
- FAA Approves Civilian Drone Use Beyond Visual Line of Sight with Radar
- Buckle Your Seat Belts: Federal Government Launches Pilot Program Designed to Accelerate Integration of Commercial Drones into the National Airspace
- Can Your Business Fly Under the Radar?
- Delaware Court of Chancery Focuses on Fiduciary Duty of Directors Appointed by Preferred Stockholders
- R.I.P. to Brick-and-Mortar Stores in India
- Do You Need Copyright Protection for Your Website?
- Tech Companies and M&A Trends
- HHS Issues Guidance on Ransomware Attacks
- What Does "Brexit" Mean For Your Valuable Trademarks and Brands?
- FAA Issues Long-Anticipated Commercial Drone Rules & Eliminates the Section 333 Exemption Process
- Anthem Falls Victim to Cyber Attack - Hack Dwarfs Prior Healthcare Breaches