Our Environmental Litigation attorneys at Roetzel are extensively experienced in providing legal representation in environmental matters. These matters include: cost recovery actions, negligence-based lawsuits, class action toxic tort suits, governmental enforcement actions, permitting appeals, contract indemnity disputes, and environmental exposure claims.
The financial stakes can be very high for clients when faced with environmental civil and criminal enforcement actions, Superfund litigation, toxic tort litigation and other environmental law actions. Understanding the myriad complexities of environmental litigation is essential to successful outcomes before courts and administrative agencies. Our Environmental Litigation attorneys have represented large corporations, municipalities, real estate developers, environmental contractors, state contractors, mining companies, petroleum companies, steel manufacturers, and warehouse owners.
We have existing working relationships with local, state, and federal regulatory and enforcement agencies. We practice in numerous state and federal courts, and we handle a wide variety of matters before agencies such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the Ohio EPA, the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, the Ohio Department of Health, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, the Florida Department of Natural Resources, and the Florida Department of Health.
Our Environmental, Energy and Health & Safety team consists of attorneys who have practiced almost exclusively in the environmental law area for their entire careers, both as private sector practitioners and as lawyers with the environmental regulatory agencies. Our group includes two attorneys formerly with the Environmental Enforcement Section of the Ohio Attorney General's Office. Due to our unique qualifications, Roetzel has been identified as a “Leading Environmental Law Firm” in the 2003-2016 editions of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, published by Chambers USA.
- Pipeline Companies Win Key Battles in War for Eminent Domain Rights
- Roetzel Receives Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2015
- US EPA Escapes Sanctions But Incurs Judge's Wrath for Deficient FOIA Responses
- US EPA's Duty to Revise PSD Rules When It Amends NAAQS Is Not Mandatory
- Three Roetzel Attorneys Named Ohio "Lawyers of the Year" by Best Lawyers®
- Roetzel Receives Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2014
- Roetzel Receives Top Rankings in Chambers USA 2013
- Oil and Gas in Ohio: The Latest Debate Involving Technology, Energy and the Environment
- Ohio Court Limits Horizontal Offsite Drilling
- Ohio Oil and Gas Driller Successfully Fights Off Nuisance Suit From Neighboring Homeowner
- Oil & Gas Permitting Update: Recent General Permit Developments Affecting Oil and Gas Development