Roetzel provides counsel to its financial sponsor clients in all aspects of their respective businesses, including fund formation and management, tax and regulatory compliance, advising portfolio company management teams, and assistance throughout the fund’s entire investment cycle, which includes advising our sponsor clients with respect to acquisitions, platform companies, exit transactions, recapitalizations, and spin-offs. The Private Equity team at Roetzel also provides a broad spectrum of advice and counseling to the portfolio companies of such funds.
We regularly work with leveraged buyout (LBO) funds, venture capital (VC) funds, family offices, and funds of funds that vary across the board in size, scope, and focus; however, we have specific and substantial focus and experience in the representation of investment funds both in the United States and abroad. We also regularly consult with our fund clients on existing and developing market terms, which allow us to provide value-added advice and guidance from the incubation stage through the launch of a new fund.
Our team understands the need for an interdisciplinary, value creation approach to the representation of each of our financial sponsor clients. We draw upon the firm’s experience in M&A, capital markets, and tax, among other disciplines, to offer unique insight into our clients’ industries and growth strategies. We deem it vital to our clients’ successes to be with them from “cradle to grave” in order to provide the best advice as to the on-going maintenance and compliance of their funds.
- Represented a Minneapolis-based specialty baked goods company in a $522 million international merger with a Netherlands-based bakery company
- Represented a New York private equity fund in its $149 million stock acquisition of a multistate waste disposal and landfill operating company
- Represented a UV-free sunless tanning company in a $116 million merger with a portfolio company of an Ohio-based private equity fund
- Represented an Ohio-based audience response system technology company in a $96 million equity interest sale to an Ohio based private equity fund
- Represented a Texas-based private equity fund in its $31 million acquisition of a professional employer organization, including the debt, equity, and transaction aspects of the deal
- Represented fund operators in the formation of a $7 million mezzanine venture capital fund with financial institutions members
- Represented a private equity firm in obtaining a $57 million chemical additives company and a related $31 million credit facility administered by Bank of Ireland
- Represented a Texas-based professional employer organization in a $70 million sale to an Illinois / British Columbia-based private equity firm
- Represented an Ohio-based multi-location restaurant business in a $34 million sale to a California-based private equity firm
- Roetzel Represents C.S.I. Enterprises, Inc. in $600 Million Acquisition by Edenred
- Evaluating Privacy and Data Security Needs to be Part of Your Due Diligence Process
- IRS Grants Extension of Time to Acquired Group to Elect to Deduct 70-Percent of Their Success-Based Advisor Fees
- Delaware Court of Chancery Focuses on Fiduciary Duty of Directors Appointed by Preferred Stockholders
- Tech Companies and M&A Trends
- Private Equity Forecast
- Three Roetzel Attorneys Published in latest issue of USLAW Magazine
- Roetzel in the News in South Florida
- Roetzel's Christopher Reuscher Named to Greater Akron Chamber's "30 for the Future" List for 2015
- Investor Advisory Committee Advises SEC to Revisit Definition of "Accredited Investor" and Provide Enhanced Protections