When the reputation of a professional is at stake, the skilled Professional Liability team at Roetzel offers insightful, innovative approaches to defending standard of care, proximate cause, and damages claims. Our experienced attorneys have defended professional negligence cases through trial − from the most unusual to potentially catastrophic cases.
The Professional Liability team is experienced and aware of issues that affect the industries they represent.
Our trial attorneys are experienced in handling any size case − from individual actions regarding a single claim to complex suits involving multiple parties and filings. We represent clients in a broad range of industries, including legal, insurance, real estate, property management, retail, health, beauty and wellbeing, business consultation, school and public law, social work, home inspection, employment staffing, architecture and engineering, cleaning services, photography, and construction. Whether the matter involves developing preventative measures, handling a matter through the course of litigation, or implementing an alternative dispute approach, our attorneys focus on developing customized plans to handle existing or potential litigation.
The Professional Liability team is experienced and aware of issues that affect the industries they represent. We offer our clients integrated knowledge and an experienced understanding of how legal issues within these industries incorporate a broad scope of other practice area services within our firm.
- Insurance agents
- Real estate agents
- Property managers
- Retail owners and businesses
- Health, beauty and wellbeing professionals
- Business consultants
- Home inspectors and home inspection companies
- Public officials and school leaders
- Nursing homes
- Title agents
- Social workers and social service agencies
- Staffing and employment agencies
- Cleaning servicers
- Architects and engineers
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of Cincinnati law firm on legal malpractice claims, affirmed on appeal
- Represented attorneys before the Ohio Supreme Court Disciplinary Commission
- Obtained summary judgment for buyer’s real estate agent in claims asserted by buyer related to purchase of residential property
- Represented directors and officers sued for alleged breaches of fiduciary duty, including claims against directors of companies thought to be in a “zone of insolvency”
- Obtained dismissal of attorney accused of legal malpractice in conjunction with handling a domestic relations matter
- Defended professional liability claims asserted against architects and engineers throughout Ohio
- Obtained sanctions from Plaintiff in a lawsuit filed against a hair salon when Plaintiff failed to prosecute her case and filed to respond to written discovery requests
- Obtained dismissal of attorney arising from the prosecution of a workplace intentional tort matter
- Defended claims asserted against real estate agent arising out of a complex series of real estate transactions involving “flipping” and leasing residential properties
- Represented a real estate agent before the Ohio Department of Commerce in response to a complaint filed by a commercial property buyer
- Defended nine companies that were sued in Federal Court in a shareholder derivative dispute
- Represented a hair stylist in claims arising out of a treatment provided by the stylist
- Direct case towards a favorable mediation on behalf of contractors, engineers and architects in a construction case asserted against multiple defendants and involved complex issues
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a retail store based on the open and obvious defense when plaintiff slipped on a puddle of water near a drinking fountain
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a property management company on claims asserting negligent markings and signage in a parking lot and, after briefing and oral argument on appeal, the appellate court affirmed the decision