Sports, Media, and Entertainment Law
Our Sports, Media, and Entertainment attorneys provide legal counsel on transactional, litigation, labor and employment, and intellectual property matters to a diverse array of clients within these industries.
Roetzel is dedicated to addressing the unique legal needs of our clients in the sports, media, and entertainment industries.
Leveraging our expertise, experience, and resources, our attorneys handle contract negotiation and drafting, marketing and endorsement deals, licensing, copyright and trademark matters, mergers and acquisitions, sports facility financing, real estate development, executive compensation, trust, estate, and succession planning, and more.
Our firm represents, advises, and counsels companies, media personalities, athletes, sports organizations, sports venues, social media influencers, e-sports athletes, authors, musicians, recording artists, songwriters, entertainment companies, and record labels.
Roetzel also advises and provides invaluable legal counsel to clubs, lending institutions, governing bodies, sports agencies, broadcasters, leagues, distributors, studios, advertising agencies and rights holders in the sports, media, and entertainment industries on corporate issues, acquisition and exploitation of media property rights, intellectual property protection and enforcement, brand development, joint ventures, emerging markets, regulatory compliance, and stadium and arena financing and development.
- Represented sponsor in multi-million dollar licensing deal with sports venue
- Represented seller in multi-million dollar sale of sports organization
- Represented group in multi-million dollar acquisition of well-known stadium
- Handled sophisticated estate and tax planning needs for professional athletes and coaches in the NFL
- Represented major news aggregation website
- Negotiated intellectual property rights regarding content used on a popular gameshow
- Represented entertainment and educational institutions in sponsorship deals and agreements
- Represented numerous authors in negotiation of publishing contracts
- Represented corporation in multi-million dollar endorsement agreement
- Represented client in multi-year recording artist agreement with top tier label
- Represented client in popular reality television show
- Defended personal injury claims that arose during sporting and entertainment events
What We Do
- Purchase and Sale of Amateur and Professional Sports Organizations
- Stadium, Arena, and Venue Leasing
- Arena and Stadium Financing
- Naming Rights Deals
- Licensing Deals
- Intellectual Property Management
- Food and Vendor Agreements
- Coaching and Athletic Director Contracts
- Marketing Agreements
- Endorsement Agreements
- Podcast Agreements
- Motion Picture, Television, Documentary, and Mini-Series Deals
- Option Agreements
- Recording Artist Agreements
- Production Agreements
- Publishing Contracts
- Contract Negotiation
- Executive Employment Agreements
- Executive Compensation Consulting