On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 Governor Mike DeWine announced the Home Relief Grant program. This program includes $100 million to help low-income Ohioans who do not own their own home pay for housing costs, to include rent, mortgage, water, sewer, wastewater, electric, gas, oil and/or trash removal bills.
This monetary assistance can be applied by qualifying Ohioans toward:
- Outstanding balances for the above dating back to March 13, 2020
- Assistance for future rent/utility payments once overdue bills have been made current
- Assistance for future rent and utility assistance for 3 months at a time
Eligibility is determined at the household level. Households must:
- Be at or below 80% of their County’s Area Median Income (this varies by county);
- Have experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19; AND
- Demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability
Ohio Development Services Agency is distributing this funding among Ohio’s 47 Community Action Agencies. A list of the Community Action Agencies is available at www.businesshelp.ohio.gov.
For further information regarding this announcement, please contact any of the listed professionals.