Roetzel is proud to announce that Robert E. Blackham has assumed the role as Chairman of the Firm. Blackham, who took the helm from current Chairman Jeffrey J. Casto, is the first Chairman who is not based in the Akron headquarters. Both Casto and Blackham have been working in tandem over the past year to ensure a seamless transition. Blackham was previously the Partner-in-Charge of the Cleveland office and National Practice Group Chair.
“I am looking forward to continuing the progress and growth of the firm through my position as Chairman,” said Blackham. “We have an exciting vision for the firm, which centers on our clients, and I am confident that our talented attorneys and staff will help us achieve those goals.”
Casto, who will continue his role at Roetzel as a Partner in the Business & Commercial Litigation group, focuses his practice on the defense of product liability lawsuits, as well as probate and trust litigation.
“It was an honor to serve as Chairman for the past five years,” said Casto. “As a firm, we have strengthened the depth and diversity of legal services we offer clients in order to help them achieve their business goals. I am grateful for the opportunity to have led this great law firm, and I am confident that Bob will continue our great heritage of client service as we move into the future.”
In addition to transitioning the role of Chairman, the Board has also elected two new members.
New Board Members include:
- Denise M. Hasbrook, Partner-in-Charge of Toledo and Partner, Labor & Employment Practice Group (Toledo)
- Ronald S. Kopp, Administrative Partner, and Partner, Business Litigation Practice Group (Akron)
Continuing in their roles as Board Members are:
- Lewis E. Adkins, Jr., Partner and Practice Group Manager, Public Law, Regulatory & Finance (Cleveland)
- David P. Barker, Partner, Real Estate, Banking & Finance (Orlando)
- Brian J. Moore, Partner-in-Charge of Akron and Practice Group Manager, Real Estate, Banking & Finance (Akron)
- Mark J. Price, Partner, Real Estate, Banking & Finance (Naples)
- Douglas E. Spiker, Partner-in-Charge of Cleveland and Practice Group Manager, Employment Services (Cleveland)
Denise Hasbrook focuses her practice on shareholder disputes, business litigation, and representing employers in all types of issues. "It is with great pleasure and humility that I join Roetzel's Board, comprised of such fine leaders within the firm,” said Hasbrook. “Working together, we will continue to provide innovative paths for serving the needs of our valued clients now and into the future."
Ron Kopp has practiced in the area of business litigation since joining Roetzel more than 30 years ago. He currently serves as President of the Ohio State Bar Association.
"To be part of such a truly great organization for so long is a privilege,” stated Kopp. “And to be asked by one's colleagues to provide insight and advice as a director is more than a privilege — it is an honor."View PDF