Mergers & Acquisitions
Roetzel’s team of Mergers & Acquisitions attorneys represents both private and publicly traded clients in their complex business needs and has significant deal experience in domestic, cross-border, and international transactions. We assist multinational, middle market, and emerging companies with all types of mergers and acquisitions.
We provide comprehensive representation by working seamlessly with Roetzel attorneys in other practice groups to provide advice to the client.
Our M&A attorneys represent sellers, purchasers, and financial advisors in all types of transactions, including negotiated and contested mergers, asset and stock purchases, spin-offs, acquisitions out of bankruptcy, leveraged buyouts (LBO), private equity and venture capital investments, and joint ventures/strategic alliances. We also have extensive experience taking private companies public, through conventional and alternative methods, and assist them in remaining compliant with applicable federal and state securities laws.
Our team is involved with the client at the ground level to assist with the initial structuring of the transaction, diligence of deal liabilities, negotiation of key terms, and our team remains with the client through the closing and into the post-closing integration and assimilation stage. We provide comprehensive representation by working seamlessly with Roetzel attorneys in other practice groups to provide advice to the client on matters such as tax structuring and planning, corporate governance, compliance, anti-trust, litigation, intellectual property (IP), environmental, and executive compensation and employment matters.
We pride ourselves on being dealmakers. Our goal is to maximize your deal value. We have the rate structure and experienced staff to meet your needs at a cost-efficient price. We are committed to meeting your objectives, always keeping your priorities as ours, while advising you on strategic deal points. With our experience in so many key industries, we have the experience to get your deal across the finish line.
As a result of the breadth of our client representation, we have extensive M&A experience in major industries including:
- Banking and finance
- Construction services and materials
- Consumer products
- Health care
- Life sciences
- Logistics and transportation
- Real estate development
- Specialty chemicals
In today’s uncertain economic and regulatory landscape, clients rightfully expect more from their M&A counsel than mere scriveners or performing mundane due diligence reviews. The M&A attorneys at Roetzel bring practical and creative legal planning and solutions to a transaction, along with our value-additive partnership model to advance our clients’ goals and objectives in a cost-effective and collaborative manner.
- Represented a Florida-based corporate payment technology company in a $600 million stock sale with a France-based public company
- Represented a Minneapolis-based specialty baked goods company in a $522 million international merger with a Netherlands-based bakery company
- Represented a publicly held transportation company in the following matters: $150 million private placement of Series A Convertible Preferred Stock and Warrants to a private equity fund in a change of control transaction; $17 million strategic acquisition of the assets of a competing company; listing on the NYSE MKT Exchange; and '34 Act periodic reporting on Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.
- Represented a New York private equity fund in its $149 million stock acquisition of a multistate waste disposal and landfill operating company
- Represented a domestic specialty baked goods company in a $135 million recapitalization and related stock acquisitions
- Represented a UV-free sunless tanning company in a $116 million merger with a portfolio company of an Ohio-based private equity fund
- Represented an Ohio-based telecommunications company in a $110 million stock sale
- Represented an Ohio-based audience response system technology company in a $96 million equity interest sale to an Ohio based private equity fund
- Represented an Ohio-based electrical contractor company in a $90 million stock sale to a Texas-based strategic buyer
- Represented the special committee of the board of directors of a publicly held transportation company in a $56 million going private merger with a private equity fund
- Represented a privately held substance abuse treatment center in the $36 million sale of its assets to a strategic buyer
- Represented a Texas-based private equity fund in its $31 million acquisition of a professional employer organization, including the debt, equity, and transaction aspects of the deal
- Represented an Ohio-based intermediary health care and workers’ compensation industry service provider in a $27 million stock sale
- Represented a $350 million company selling a vinyl extrusion division
- Represented a publicly held $350 million aluminum sheet manufacturer
- Represented a privately held $100 million steel processor acquired by a publicly held company
- Represented a privately held $75 million aircraft parts manufacturer in the purchase of an aircraft interior manufacturing company
- Represented a privately held $50 million information services company in the sale to a privately held company
- Represented a growing engineering firm in a series of mergers and acquisitions of smaller firms throughout the west coast of Florida
- Represented a management team that purchased a cardboard recycling facility from a multinational corporation for $22 million
- Represented a privately held $20 million wire products manufacturer in the sale to a large privately held manufacturing conglomerate
- Represented a privately held financial services company in merger with subsidiary of publicly traded company as part of a national roll-up and with a post-closing management agreement for continuation of the target's business by the prior owners
- Represented a $10 million molded rubber products manufacturer in its sale to a privately held company
- Represented a privately held $10 million mail-order catalog business sold to a privately held company
- Represented a privately held manufacturing company in the sale of its assets for $23 million (including five-year earn out)
- Represented two related entities in $10 million merger with a publicly held company, as part of a multiple-stage roll-up
- Represented publicly held holding company of a national banking association that acquired through a $15 million, multi-stage merger with the publicly held holding company of a federally chartered savings and loan association
- Represented a privately held company in a $22 million recapitalization
- Represented a privately held $25 million company in the acquisition of industrial equipment for $6 million from the U.S. Trustee for several related entities in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Represented a subsidiary of a publicly held company in the acquisition of industrial camera assets for $2.4 million
- Represented a privately held gas supply company in the disposition of its residential and industrial customer base and related inventory to a large gas utility company for $10 million
- Represented world’s largest water treatment product manufacturer in numerous acquisitions of product lines, manufacturing and distribution facilities, and technology
- Represented a subsidiary of a publicly held company in the acquisition of bulk conveyance assets for $1.2 million
- Represented a privately held company that acquired a $2.4 million equity position in a Chinese entity
- Represented a privately held company that acquired a $1 million equity position in a Brazilian entity
- Represented selling shareholders in a $20 million management buyout of a privately held lumber company
- Represented a privately held company in a $16 million acquisition and subsequent sale of 15 operating hotels
- Represented a privately held company in a $4.5 million sale of a scrap tire transportation and recovery business
- Acted as counsel in the acquisition of an abrasives company with assets in the United Kingdom and North America
- Completed a strategic manufacturing joint venture in Germany for an industrial products company