AKRON, OH - Leadership Akron has selected a class of 36 leaders for its 2017/2018 Signature program. The class includes participants from greater Akron’s business, government, and non-profit sectors. With 2-3 highly qualified applicants for every position in the class, the selection process was especially competitive for Class 34. Since 1984, Leadership Akron has inspired participants to advance their involvement and impact as community leaders.
Over the course of the year, Leadership Akron Class 34 will develop a well-rounded perspective on the Akron community, and set the stage for further involvement as community leaders. Beginning the year with a City Tour and two-day Opening Retreat, they will spend a full day each month focusing on a specific aspect of the community. Topics include Social Services, Health Care, Education, Justice, and others. Each day gives the class a hands-on look at the key organizations, decision-makers, and issues in that sector of the Akron community. Upon graduation, the class will be poised with new knowledge, connections, and commitments to empower their service to the Greater Akron community.
Members of the new class are:
- Timothy M. Burke, President of Eastern Ohio, KeyBank
- Andrea Conti, Clerk of Court Cuyahoga Falls Mayor's Court, City of Cuyahoga Falls
- Tracy Dowe, Relationship Manager, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Shana Earle, Director of Finance & Business Systems, Akron Children's Hospital
- Candice Eberhardt, Real Estate Broker, Eberhardt Realty & Mgmt.
- Jacqueline K. Ricchiuti, CEO, Keep Akron Beautiful
- Ronald J. Fowler, Executive Pastor, Arlington Church of God
- Melanie R. Friedman, Principal, FMD Architects, Inc.
- Amber R. Genet, Director of Marketing and Communications, Barberton Community Foundation
- David Hamilton, Summit County Council District 5 Representative, Summit County Council
- James J. Hardy, Deputy Mayor for Administration and Chief of Staff, City of Akron
- Christina M. Hodgkinson, Director of Resident Services, Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Julie M. Johnson, President & CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of the Western Reserve
- Theresa Lash-Ritter, Associate Chief Experience Officer, Cleveland Clinic Akron General
- Jeremy D. Lile, Executive Director, Heart to Heart Communications
- Kirsten Lino, VP & Business Banking Team Leader, Huntington National Bank
- John T. Margida, President & CEO, Margida & Associates, Inc.
- Rodney Matthews, Executive Director, Urban Vision
- Brian R. Miner, Principal Architect, Hasenstab Architects, Inc.
- Donald C. Mullen, Executive Director, Stark State College Akron
- Nicole L. Mullet, Executive Director, ArtsNow
- Gerard M. Neugebauer, Mayor, City of Green
- Nanette P. Pitt, Senior Minister, First Congregational Church of Akron
- Antha Poleondakis, Investment Associate & Senior Portfolio Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Jim Putnam, Managing Director of Marketing, FedEx Custom Critical
- Brett W. Reynolds, Vice President of Marketing & Product Development, FirstEnergy
- Christopher James Richardson, CEO, AxessPointe Community Health Centers
- Kathy S. Romito, Community Outreach Manager, Western Reserve Hospital
- Marlo Schmidt, System Director of Community Benefit, Summa Health
- Sarah R. Thomarios, Chief Operating Officer, SRT Sales and Service, LLC, VP Marketing Director, Thomarios
- Lindsey Tomaszewski, Vice President, Organization Excellence, The J.M. Smucker Company
- Clarence I. Tucker, Fire Chief, City of Akron
- Michael Vinay, Director of Public Service, City of Barberton
- Anoo D. Vyas, Co-Director of The EXL Center, The University of Akron & The EXL Center
- Laura L. Wallerstein, Attorney, Roetzel & Andress, A Legal Professional Association
- Patricia Wicks, CEO & Founder, Patricia Smoot Wicks Consulting LLC, PATHworks!
For over 30 years, Leadership Akron has equipped participants for more effective community involvement and leadership. The signature program offers intensive study of community issues and interaction with top decision-makers, enabling participants to expand their effectiveness as community leaders. In addition to the signature Program, Leadership Akron empowers leaders across generations through its other programs. For more information on Leadership Akron, visit the website at www.leadershipakron.org.