On March 12, 2020, Governor DeWine ordered all K-12 schools to close for three weeks beginning at the close of school on Monday, March 16, 2020. Within the next couple of days, the Ohio Department of Education (“ODE”) will be sending further guidance to schools on how to handle the school closure issue.
As all sectors of the economy work to address this pandemic, we want you to know that Roetzel is fully operational and here to guide our clients through this crisis.
In the coming days and weeks, you will hear from us regarding updates on the government’s response to COVID-19 and guidance for school districts.
Specifically, Roetzel will be sharing information from ODE, the Ohio Department of Health, the Governor’s Office and federal agencies as it becomes available and offer guidance to school districts on topics such as:
- How to address staffing issues under collective bargaining agreements and state and federal statutes/regulations;
- Insight from the U.S. Department of Education;
- Academic compliance with attention to serving students with special needs and ensuring seniors graduate on time;
- Advising on holding public meetings during the three-week break; and
- Addressing the needs of students and families such as food and internet access.
We look forward to assisting you during this unprecedented time.